Term: Permanent, full time position (40 hours per week), reports to General Manager
Salary: Up to $34,000-$37,400 per year based on experience
Full Time Keyholder of Rough Trade NYC is responsible for managing many aspects of the store and staff alongside the Assistant Store Manager and General Manager.
Rough Trade NYC is one of the country's leading independent music stores, a destination for music loving, curious minds of all ages and taste. With a predominantly 'new' vinyl focus, the store also hosts regular artist events, having welcomed the likes of Lorde to Megan The Stallion to Denzel Curry to Steve Earle, and everyone in between. Additionally, Rough Trade hosts a series of live shows, indieballroom, at the nearby Rainbow Room, as well as an annual outdoor festival, indieplaza, in Rockefeller Plaza. All in all, Rough Trade NYC is quite unlike a regular indie music store, or any store for that matter - it's a uniquely engaging community hub, upholding nearly fifty years of peerless brand integrity, narrowing the gap between audiences and artists like only Rough Trade can.
We're seeking enthusiastic applicants who'd love to join and co-manage our team, to help us continue to best serve both music loving customers and the artist community, alike. If that's you, please apply with a cover letter and resume and we'll be sure to get back to you, as soon as we possibly can.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Ensuring the store fulfills the role of being an inspiring place of music lover congregation, being an exciting and welcoming place to visit, utilizing great merchandising, creative displays and ‘best in class’ customer service
- Opening and closing the store, and the subsequent cash balancing of registers
- Along with the rest of the management team, direct the staff and help prioritize the daily tasks and projects
- Work with the Database, POS and Inventory Management systems to efficiently maintain the store’s inventory, both physically and digitally
- Maintain a consistent and professional line of communication to management and our Buying and Marketing departments through inter-company communications.
- Overseeing store events by delegating roles for the staff and keeping the customers clearly informed and organized
- Manage store merchandising & presentation to maximize sales
- Contribute ideas to the entire team regarding best practices and where improvements can be made
- Assist General Manager in any additional tasks required for success of store and staff
Qualifications & Skills:
- First class people management and leadership skills
- Proven retail management experience, customer service experience
- Competent music product knowledge and a passion to always know more
- Event management understanding and experience
- Excellent understanding of IT systems (especially Google Suite, Inventory Management & resource planning software)
- Commercially savvy, defining our offer to best reflect demand, opportunities
- Excellent organization & planning skill
- An infectiously positive 'can do' attitude with self-starter initiative and drive
- Able to effectively communicate to staff and customers any and all policies in a manner consistent with our core values
- Demonstrate a great understanding of what Rough Trade are, who our customers are
- Capable, confident and comfortable being a store and brand ambassador