We are looking to recruit a Full Time Assistant Manager for our Rough Trade Bristol store. The Assistant Manager of Rough Trade Bristol is responsible for managing all aspects of the store in absence of the General Manager
Rough Trade has accrued over forty years of trusted trade and customer relations, affording it a unique role and scope of opportunity within the UK and global music (retail) industry. The Assistant Manager of Rough Trade Bristol plays a central role in continuing and building on this success, whilst meeting all the company’s commercial aims.
The Assistant Manager reports to the General Manager.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Helping to manage all aspects of recruiting, training, supervising and appraising the team
- Helping to implement new initiatives & strategies
- Work with the CMS and Inventory Management systems to efficiently maintain the stores inventory
- Maintain a consistent and professional line of communication to stores and other departments through inter-company communications
- Manage store merchandising & presentation to maximise sales
- Ensure compliance with health & safety and other legislation
- Ensuring the store fulfils the role of being an inspiring place of music lover congregation, being an exciting and welcoming place to visit, utilising great merchandising, creative displays and ‘best in class’ customer service
- Analyse & report sales information
- Support with the management of store inventory
Qualifications & Skills
- Great people management and leadership skills
- Good understanding of IT systems (especially Excel, Inventory Management & Resource planning software)
- Commercially savvy, social media savvy
- Excellent organisation & planning skills
- Demonstrate a great understanding of what Rough Trade is & who our customers are.
- Capable, confident and comfortable being a company brand ambassador
- Event based experience desired, but not essential.
Salary dependant on experience.