Product – Head Office
The Buyer for Rough Trade will be jointly responsible for purchasing of product inventory across nominated stores, categories and departments, reporting to the Head Of Buying (HoB). This will primarily include reactive ordering; placing exceptional orders for bestsellers bestsellers and also replenishing sales to a specific schedule which covers all suppliers to varying frequencies.
Managing stock efficiency is crucial to the business’ success and therefore is a fundamental element of the Buyer’s role, the buyer is expected to manage the administration of applying for and chasing returns to a specific given schedule, ensuring logs are updated.
Providing the highest levels of customer service to stores is essential and the successful candidate will communicate closely with store staff, responding to stock requests, as well as sending out ad hoc bulletins on opportunities such as key releases and new promotions, as well as maintaining the Rough Trade product planner and sending out regular bulletins on POS changes, listening post updates etc.
The selling of co-op inventory across print platforms is also included in this role, and the successful candidate will be responsible for maximising the credibility, turnover and profitability from store POS. This also includes co-ordinating the listening post updates.
Maintaining the Rough Trade internal catalogue will also be required, reactively updating new release), deletion and price change notices, as well as proactively performing catalogue checks and regular uploading of net price files to a given schedule.
Trend awareness and product focus are essential for this position. We seek a commercial and creative person who can work well in a dynamic, extremely fast paced environment.
Based at Rough Trade's Head Office in London, the Buyer will work with colleagues in Stores, Product, Marketing and Finance to ensure the UK business performs to its full potential.
- Maximise stock efficiency through effective product life cycle management
- Replenish sales to given schedule
- Replenish sales for bestsellers as needed outside of standard replenishment schedule
- Raise returns to given schedule
- Manage the returns administration, submitting chasing and processing returns requests and authorisations
- Maintain a professional line of communication to internal and external contact
- Maximise turnover and margin on store Co-Op inventory in line with the Rough Trade editorial
- Support the HoB with any other related duties
- Reactively & Proactively update the Rough Trade product catalogue using supplier provided information
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Ensure all types of purchases are done in a timely manner to a given schedule
- Work with the CMS & Inventory Management systems to help maximise efficiency thru the whole supply chain process including buying, recycling and returning
- Maintain a consistent and professional line of communication to stores & other departments thru inter company communications
- Work with the marketing & operations teams to plan and stock cycles for upcoming promotions with the aim of building sales & margin
- Ensure all product data is well maintained and that the meta data is being effectively used to maximise online sales opportunities
Ideal Experience & Skills:
- Proven experience in multi-category buying, ideally with a music retail background
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Intermediate understanding of MS Excel
- Understanding of and experience of Content Management, Inventory Management & Data Analysis systems
- Be commercially driven
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate a great understanding of Rough Trade and our customers
- Based on experience.