We're looking to recruit a full-time Bookkeeper for our US business, based in New York.
Rough Trade are the world's leading independent music retailer, operating in both UK and US markets. Rough Trade US, is the rapidly growing North American division, with a New York store and US e-commerce sales channels.
This full-time Bookkeeper role is responsible for the management of books, organizing a dashboard for daily viewing and running clear financial reports as needed (i.e. P&L, balance sheets, cash flow, etc). Furthermore:
- Should be versed and comfortable with general principles of accounting.
- Record and reconcile all AP & AR transactions.
- Streamline ingestion of invoices and credits through Receipt Bank/Dext.
- Management of accruals.
- Be able to prepare and file NY Sales Tax, monthly.
- Responsible for creating and sending invoices
- Liaise with purchasing and receiving departments about discrepancies.
- Maintain contacts with vendor counterparts.
- Pay smaller vendors.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks, Google Suite and Microsoft Office essential; knowledge of DEXT and Xero also highly preferable.
- Acute attention to detail and a firm desire to improve efficiency.
- Able to work remotely and also on site.
- An interest/passion in exciting new music would not go a miss, either!
The role is ideally suited to a junior accounts person, someone that is looking for a non-corporate environment to further their career, where they can grow along with the company, being part of a company culture that celebrates culture and independence.
Salary is dependent on experience.
Starting date is ASAP.
No agencies, please.