We're seeking an Events & Promotions Manager to join us at Rough Trade, based in NYC, New York.
This is a fantastic full-time opportunity for an experienced and passionate events professional to join a well respected, rapidly growing company that strives to become the leading US independent music retailer.
Working with the NYC store, US marketing and management teams, you will be responsible for managing, i) the event calendar for our US flagship store, Rough Trade NYC, Rockefeller Center, plus virtual events; 2) our co-op marketing calendar - ensuring we maximise record label & book publisher promotion revenue.
Strong event experience, commerciality, excellent product knowledge, great teamwork and organisational skills are essential for this position.
We seek a driven, savvy, personable, creative and passionate person who can work well in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Own the NYC store and virtual events calendar, working with colleagues, record labels and Rockefeller Center personnel.
- Own the co-op marketing calendar. Maximise revenue and engagement from available inventory, whilst creatively developing further opportunities
- Liaise with labels, publisher and distributor partners to, i) book NYC store and virtual events and ii), negotiate commercial terms for co-op marketing
- Reporting weekly to Rough Trade management on events and co-op sales performance, with monthly summary and planning reports
Experience & Skills:
- Preferably 2+ years of experience in an events management position
- Virtual / online event production experience
- Great relationship building and communication skills
- Extremely commercial with the ability to hustle, sell and sniff out opportunities
- Thrives in a fast paced environment
- An excellent appreciation of who Rough Trade are, who our customers are & the opportunities that result