A fantastic opportunity for an experienced and passionate retail buyer to join a well established, independently owned retailer with a great reputation to build our non-traditional categories.
Working with the wider buying team and colleagues in eCommerce and retail, you will be responsible for managing the co-op marketing calendar - ensuring we maximise revenue and reach for the right products. You will also be responsible for growing the hardware and merchandise categories beyond their current status to be key drivers of our growth.
Strong commerciality, excellent product knowledge, great teamwork and organisational skills are essential for this position. We seek a commercial, creative and passionate person who can work well in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Own the co-op marketing calendar. Maximise revenue and engagement from available inventory.
- Liaise with labels and distributor partners to negotiate commercial terms of co-op marketing.
- Liaise with labels and print manufacturers to ensure marketing assets are turned around and in place in good time.
- Maintain & develop relationships with suppliers to ensure we are achieving best possible terms.
- Maintain a consistent and professional line of communication to stores & other departments through inter company communications.
- Work with the eCommerce & Marketing team to plan and strategise upcoming promotions & sales incentives with the aim of building sales & margin
- Own the hardware and merchandise categories with responsibility for sales, margin & stock turn.
- Curate a range of interesting and commercial products and manage their listings on our back-end CMS system.
- Review product sales and trends to identify re-stock opportunities.
- Manage the disposal of poor moving lines through returns & markdowns.
- Ad hoc coverage of other responsibilities across the buying team during holidays or peaks in demand.
Experience & Skills:
- 2+ years of experience in a buying position in a relevant category.
- Great relationship building and communication skills.
- Excellent with excel / google sheets. Able to extract, analyse and summarise data efficiently and effectively.
- Good level of understanding and experience of Content Management, Inventory Management & Data Analysis systems.
- Extremely commercial with the ability to sniff out opportunities and turn them around quickly.
- Thrives in a high paced environment.
- An excellent understanding of what Rough Trade is, who our customers are & what we can sell.