As Rough Trade NYC relocates from Williamsburg to our new Rockefeller Center location, this summer, this role will commence with the creation of that new store. Needless to say, this opportunity is hugely exciting and unique, for not only will the successful candidate find themselves helping shape an incredible, new record store, they will be on the frontline of serving music lovers with the very best new music in what will arguably be one of the highest-profile record stores in the country.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Ensuring the store fulfils the role of being an inspiring place of music lover congregation, being an exciting and welcoming place to visit, utilising great merchandising, creative displays and ‘best in class’ customer service.
- Work with the Database, POS and Inventory Management systems to efficiently maintain the store’s inventory.
- Assist customers on the sales floor and at the cash register.
- File product in the appropriate section in addition to pull product for store to warehouse transfers.
- Share product knowledge and recommendations to customers via store displays, as well as via Rough Trade’s social media channels.
- Help direct customers during in store events and signings.
Qualifications & Skills:
- First class people management and leadership skills
- Proven retail experience, customer service experience
- Register experience
- Commercially savvy, defining our offer to best reflect demand, opportunities
- Social media savvy and proficient, professional and confident creating content that reflects our offer, engages with followers, broadens our reach
- Able to effectively communicate to customers store policies in a manner consistent with our core values
- Demonstrate a great understanding of what Rough Trade are, who our customers are
- Capable, confident and comfortable being a store and brand ambassador