Location: Remote working available but must be able to work in London two days per week
Salary: £Competitive. Based on experience
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced eCommerce professional to join a well regarded, independently owned omni-channel retailer, to lead our UK eCommerce and digital proposition.
Working with the senior teams in the UK, the Head of eCommerce & Digital will enjoy a high profile role within the business and be a key driver in the firm's continued success.
You will report directly to the UK Managing Director and Chief of Brand.
- Own the output and performance of all Rough Trade Retail digital channels including roughtrade.com & social media.
- Maximise eCommerce performance through effective day to day management of the website. Maximising key metrics such as conversion rate, customer engagement, AOV & other performance indicators.
- Deliver an exceptional customer journey across all digital platforms through to product delivery including click and collect from the brand's retail network. Listen to user feedback to adapt our approach and services.
- Project manage the development of the eCommerce platform, technical integrations with third party platforms and services and any future technology products used to promote Rough Trade.
- Develop and adopt a company wide eCommerce strategy with senior management and directors.
- Make tactical changes within the team to adapt to market conditions, ensuring the business is at the forefront of the industry and gaining competitive advantage at every opportunity.
- Recruit, train & develop the Digital Team.
- Manage acquisition strategy through PPC, SEO & Affiliate marketing.
- Manage CRM through email and on-site chat.
- Report on performance with a focus on key analytics and metrics including control of marketing budget.
Experience & Skills
- 3+ years experience managing a growing eCommerce brand.
- Strong technical expertise and experience of working with technical teams in a product / project management role.
- Commercially focussed with a great understanding of the metrics that are worth tracking and how to explain eCommerce performance.
- Motivated by delighting customers with firm understanding of what makes a great digital experience for our customers.
- Great with data. Comfortable working with large amounts of data and creating custom data solutions. Experience with SQL, Python or similar is an advantage.
- Strong understanding of eCommerce trends and Rough Trade’s positioning within the music retail market.
You will be the in-house expert for all things eCommerce and Digital Marketing. Experience working at a senior level within a customer focussed ecommerce setting is essential.
You will be able to demonstrate a track record of developing successful eCommerce strategies.
Joining a people focussed business, your strong technical experience will be backed by great people skills. Your passion for all things digital and delivering success for the business will be self evident, as will your commitment to develop your team.
This is a rare opportunity for a talented e-commerce and digital marketing professional to make a significant impact on the future growth of a rapidly growing business, to build a team and very much make the role your own.